A collaborative effort between student and advisor.
Academic advisement is a collaborative effort. Your adviser will guide you, but it is your responsibility to register for courses and complete all degree requirements.
Your adviser is expected to provide:
- accurate and timely information about University policies, procedures, and requirements
- guidance in exploring your academic options and examining your educational goals
- assistance in course selection and scheduling
- assistance in completing academic forms, e.g., Action Request, Petition Procedures, Study at Another Institution/Study Abroad
- reviews of your academic progress throughout your time at Adelphi
- confidential referrals concerning academic and personal matters, as needed
You are expected to:
- examine your academic and personal goals prior to initial and subsequent meetings
- take responsibility for your choices and decisions
- develop a tentative list of courses prior to your advising interview
- arrive promptly to all scheduled interviews
- provide timely notice about any academic problems
- be familiar with the policies, procedures, and requirements detailed in the Undergraduate Bulletin